Why should I get an asbestos sample?
Asbestos was extensively used as a building material in the UK from the 1950s through to the mid-1980s. It was used for a variety of purposes and was ideal for fireproofing and insulation. Any building built before 2000 (houses, factories, offices, schools, hospitals etc) can contain asbestos. Asbestos materials in good condition are safe unless asbestos fibres become airborne, which happens when materials are damaged.
If you are unsure whether your property has any asbestos containing materials (ACM) please contact us and we can take a sample and have it tested at an approved laboratory to get a definitive answer. Do not try to remove the material yourself.
- Asbestos related illnesses kill over 4000 UK tradesmen each year.
- ACM disturbance releases fibres into the immediate environment.
- Potential issues may have been highlighted in a home report.
How can Abate help?
Abate have a wealth of experience in this field. With over 20 years experience, we have successfully handled thousands of samples and helped many families rid their homes of asbestos. Due to the associated health risks it is best to seek professional advice and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- We offer a prompt sampling service.
- Samples are analysed at UKAS accredited laboratories.
- Fast turnaround of results.
- Our surveyors are British Occupational Hygiene Society BOHS qualified.
Common domestic sources of asbestos
- Textured coatings (eg. Artex)
- Anything that requires thermoinsulation
- Radiator Insulation
- Water Tanks
- Electric Fuse Box
- Corrugated Cement Roof Sheets
If you are worried that you may have a problem and you would like one of our trained professionals to visit you home and advise you on asbestos removal, then please contact Abate today.